Terms & Conditions
Please read our terms and conditions to ensure you have a safe, accident-free bouncy party!
Hiring a bouncy castle is all about having fun, and that’s exactly how we want you to remember your day. However, it’s important to read the terms and conditions, use the equipment safely, keep it in good condition, and avoid any unnecessary damage so that we can keep delivering fun to events and parties in the area.
Here’s our Summary of the most important terms and conditions of hire for you – but please read and agree the full terms below as well, as they represent the legal contract between us.
Unfortunately the British summer can sometimes let us down, if it’s raining or rain is forecast we cannot set up the castle, they become very slippery and dangerous when wet. So on these occasions we will have to cancel the booking.
PLEASE ARRANGE TO SUPERVISE THE INFLATABLE PROPERLY
It’s really important to have a responsible person, aged 18+, in charge of the inflatable at all times, and that they read and follow our Safety Guidelines.
MINIMISE THE RISK OF DAMAGE TO THE INFLATABLE – AND TO YOUR GUESTS!
Please make sure that no food or drink is taken onto the bouncy castle. Also ensure that nothing sharp (badges, buckles, studs, jewellery or glasses) or anything likely to stain the plastic (face paints, streamers, party poppers or silly string) is allowed on the castle, as they may cause damage, and can potentially injure other users.
KEEP YOUR GUESTS SAFE BY MAKING THE ELECTRICAL SUPPLY AND BLOWER AT THE REAR OF THE CASTLE STRICTLY “OUT OF BOUNDS”
If possible, fence off the rear of the castle to keep people away from the electrical supply or the petrol blower if you have one, and make sure no-one lights a barbecue or is smoking close to the castle.
TAKE CARE AROUND THE CASTLE
Make sure that children know where the tie down points are, and that they don’t play around them – also that anyone using the bouncy castle does not climb or bounce on the walls or too close to the entrance. If you have a slide, ensure that one child at a time is on the slide.
Please read our full terms and conditions to ensure you have an accident-free bouncy party!
1. If you have hired a standard bouncy castle for children, then no adults are allowed on the inflatable, other than to attend a child who is in distress. The maximum age limit is 15 years. Bump ‘n’ Jump will not be held liable for any injury/loss occurring to anyone over the age of 15 who contravenes this Agreement. Adults can only use a castle which has been hired for specific adult use.
2. It is essential that use of the equipment is closely supervised at all times by a responsible adult (+18). Statistics show that incidents and accidents mostly occur when use of the equipment is unsupervised. Therefore the inflatable must not be unattended at any time. All supervising adults must read this hire agreement.
3. Please ensure that no shoes, glasses, jewellery, buckles, badges, key-rings, metal studded clothing, pets, toys or other sharp instruments, or any other similar items which could cause damage to the user, to others or the equipment, are allowed on the inflatable. Punctures to the equipment may be expensive to fix, but punctures to kids can be painful and ruin the party – please make sure all users understand this.
4. No food or drink is allowed on the inflatable. It makes a terrible mess and we may have to charge you for cleaning up the castle afterwards!
5. Do not mix age groups or sizes of children; children taller than the walls of the castle are not allowed to use the equipment. If you think that bigger children are going to want to join in the fun, then consider one of our adult-proof castles so they don’t get left out.
6. No face paints, party poppers, coloured streamers or “silly string” must be used near or on the inflatable. They make a considerable mess and will permanently stain-damage the unit which you, the Hirer, will be liable.
7. Once we have agreed placement and erected the bouncy castle, do not relocate the inflatable. It has been positioned in a location that has been assessed for risks by our personnel. If it must be moved for safety reasons, deflate, disconnect and remove the blower then lift the inflatable (this can be done with a person lifting each corner) – do not under any circumstances drag it. It must be staked down at all times. If you are in any doubt, call us.
8. Keep the children off the equipment when inflating/deflating/deflated to prevent risk of injury and protect the inflatable’s structure. Deflate the inflatable when not supervised or in use, (i.e., during adverse weather conditions). The unit must not be used in wet and windy conditions and must be suitably anchored at all times.
9. Under no circumstances should intoxicated persons enter or supervise the inflatable. No smoking or barbecues to be used on or near the inflatable. That’s common sense of course, but sometimes people don’t think – whoever is in charge of the bouncy castle should keep a look out for anyone breaking this term.
10. Do not allow children to swing, climb or sit on the inflatable walls. If using a slide combination unit, do not allow more than one child at a time to be on the slide. Do not allow children to bounce on the entrance walls of the slide. The only ‘bumping’ we want to happen is the fun type – bumping of heads is to be avoided! Hence these rules.
11. Do not overcrowd the inflatable or allow children to become boisterous, or to push or collide with each other. If this starts happening, then the unit is overcrowded – you may have to ask the children to calm down and get off the inflatable for a while. Common sense will determine how many children of any one size can play safely on the equipment, but please see our safety guidelines for best practice.
12. Inflatables installed into licensed premises must be operated in a fenced off, glass free area; deflated and securely stored when not in use; and supervised by Bump ‘n’ Jump, the Hirer, or an adult (18yrs+) employee of the licensed premises at all times.
13. Please warn children of the tie down points and make the area behind the inflatable, where the electric blower is sited, out of bounds for children or any other unauthorised person.
14. If the inflatable is hired overnight, it must not be used after dark. Once dark, the inflatable must be deflated and covered. All electrical equipment, including extension leads, must be switched off and stored in a safe dry place.
15. Consider medical conditions of the children using the equipment (especially those with history of neck and back problems). Asthmatics and children with special needs may require additional supervision while using this equipment.
16. Ensure there is adequate first aid equipment available before using the inflatable. Any incident relating to the use of the inflatable (no matter how small) must be reported to the supervising adult and in turn reported back to us at Bump ‘n’ Jump. This information helps us to ensure we give the best guidance possible to keep everyone safe and happy.
17. The inflatable must be returned in an acceptable condition; i.e. clean, unsoiled and undamaged. The Hirer will be expected to pay an additional charge to cover the cleaning costs and our loss of earnings if the inflatable is not usable for a period of time for any reason.
18. We accept payment by cash or cheque on delivery.
All of our bouncy castles carry safety certificates and are checked, tested and maintained regularly.
If you have any questions at all about our terms and conditions, or how you should supervise or use the bouncy castle, we are very happy to talk to you about it. Just give us a call on 07828 258991 or contact us via email.